I'm that friend who...


I'm that friend who often cancels plans at the last minute, 
because of pain or fatigue, 
but is desperate to be invited. 

I'm that friend who craves some company 
but can't always go out partying or for a meal. 
Video chats weren't so common until lockdown.

I'm that friend who truly cares about what you've got going on 
and loves to lend an ear, 
but often forgets to text back because her brain is so busy.

I'm that mam at the baby groups who loves to join in,
but is too scared to ask you out for coffee or a playdate
for fear of rejection.

I'm that parent in the school playground that stands alone,
wanting to join in the conversation, 
but her anxiety tells her she isn't wanted.

I'm that woman who walks into the fitting rooms with ten items
and walks out with nothing
because she hates what the mirror shows her. 

I'm that woman who smiles through the excruciating pain when she is in public
for fear of embarrassing herself.
I fall to pieces when I get home instead.

I'm that woman who lives with chronic pain 
and struggles with anxiety,
but has so much love to give. 


This blog is for anyone who struggles to maintain friendships, whether due to chronic illness or mental health struggles. You are worthy 💕.

Comments

Popular Posts