Top Christmas gifts for people with chronic illness


If you have someone in your life that has a chronic illness and are wondering what to buy them for Christmas, then I've got you covered. I've rounded up some really thoughtful gifts that will let your loved one know that you care. 

Chronic illnesses can be fluctuating, unpredictable and often present a whole spectrum of symptoms. Different things work for different people. If you're unsure whether a gift is suitable it is always best to check with who you're buying for first - I'm sure they will be grateful for the thought.

Gifts under £10 for people with chronic pain

Fluffy Animal Socks from VVWorthy on Etsy

Fluffy Animal Socks from Etsy - £7.50

Socks might seem like a thoughtless gift to some, but actually many illnesses cause poor circulation or sensitivity to temperature. These cosy socks keep your tootsies warm, and I just love the cute animal designs!

Twinings Tea Superblends Selection Pack - £10 

Do you know a herbal tea lover? This soothing selection of green teas and infusions contain added vitamins or minerals for a nutritional boost.

Lush Sleepy Body Lotion - £9 for a 95g tub

I absolutely love this stuff. I ask for it for every birthday and Christmas. It makes my skin feel so soft and the smell is so comforting. The smaller tub makes for a great stocking filler, but there are larger tubs and whole sleep-themed gift sets if you'd like to spend a bit more. 

Westlab Epsom Bath Salts - £4.99

Epsom salts are a mineral made of magnesium sulfate, which can be helpful in relieving aches and pains. 


Gifts under £30 for people with chronic pain


Me with my Yuyu long hot water bottle

Yuyu Body Bottle - from £25

Heat is a great comfort for many types of pain. The Body Bottle from Yuyu is a super long hot water bottle that you can wrap around your body. You can tie it around you and wear it around the house - I often wear mine whilst cooking, and in the winter I have it bed with me at night. 

Asakuki Essential Oil Diffuser - £26.99

Aromatherapy can be helpful to some people and is well regarded as an alternative therapy for pain, insomnia, stress and anxiety. I've had this diffuser for a couple of weeks now and I really like it. You can blend different oils according to your needs and tastes and the mood lighting is lovely in the evening. It's also a humidifier, which I find helpful for my temperamental sinuses. 


Asakuki Essential Oil Diffuser

TACKLIFE Grabber Tool - £13.99

Make life a little easier for your giftee (it's a word, i checked) by getting them this handy grabber tool. It's great for people with reduced mobility who might need a little help reaching or bending. 

Multiware Laptop Tray - £25.99

Chronically ill folks tend to spend quite a bit of time in bed or on the sofa. This lap tray is perfect for holding a laptop, snacks, drinks or a book. It also has a handy little side drawer, which would be perfect for medication!

Multiware Laptop Tray from Amazon

Gifts over £30 for people with chronic pain

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite - £129.99

Being a self-confessed bookworm, I was really resistant to converting to an e-reader. I felt like it wouldn't be the same as holding a physical book. I finally relented and asked for one for my 30th birthday, and it's one of the best presents I've ever received. It is convenient, lightweight and perfect for restful days or restless nights. 

Hartann Ltd. weighted blanket  - £59.99

Weighted blankets were originally used as medical treatment in occupational therapy, but are now more widely used for anxiety, depression and sensory issues. This one has excellent reviews, and I like that it has a removable, soft cover. 


Thoughtful voucher ideas for people with chronic pain

Vouchers are also a great gift. Being chronically ill is expensive, so money towards things that will bring joy would be most welcome. Here are some ideas for vouchers you could buy the chronically ill person in your life: 

  • Vouchers for treatments like acupuncture or massage 
  • Video/music streaming subscription
  • Health food store such as Holland & Barret
  • Vouchers for books/e-books

💡 I hope you find these ideas useful. The list was compiled with chronically ill people in mind, but as everyone is staying home more at the moment I'm sure they will have a wider appeal, too.

Disclaimer:

All prices and links were correct at the time of writing. This is not an advert, just a round up of things I think would be lovely gifts. Some of these things I've bought myself, and some I've just researched online. 

Comments

Popular Posts